Sunday, May 03, 2009

SUNDAY DINNER

I splurged today, because it is Sunday, my first full day off. Terri & Fergus kindly gave me a 'Fu Soup' package, for emergencies or moments of desperation. Another Nippon creation, it is a miso flavor clear soup disguised in a 'rice paper square'. One just adds boiling water, voila, that distinct taste will surface. I took one sip, sat back, closed my eyes, and visually devoured the other 17 courses Satoru-san would normally serve us, with this soup, in 'omakasei' @ Sushi Kuu. No such luck today, I am in Ryde, and I am dieting. To accompany my soup-of-the-day, I opened a mini can of white tuna - about 4 bites - served with a stick of crispy cucumber, really light but good. Without carbo for 2 weeks now, I like to think my biggest nemesis ie my waist is retreating. Alright ... time for the NatGeo 2-hour special on 'Waking the Baby Mammouth', I cannot wait. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad they don't make instant sushi in a packet! We had a bowl of clear soup beef brisket noodle today in Tin Hau for lunch and thought of you! Miss you Dad!
    T&F

    ReplyDelete