Wednesday, May 06, 2009

POACHED PEAR

I am not sure how many of you have poached, or at least tried to poach a fruit. It may not sound like anything but we spent almost one morning on this technique alone. The stock syrup, the ratio, the coring, the lemon rub, the chill, the glaze etc it is an 18 step procedure, and we have not even begun to discuss poaching in wine. There is simply so such thing as 'simple' in this world I recently adopted, or should it be the other way around, it adopted me. We exchanged email addresses today and was I embarrassed to show mine ..... 'TangCanCook'? Now who are we kidding, he certainly does not look or act like he can in the kitchen. That said, my pear scored today. 'Beautifully poached, well done!' daman said.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment