Wednesday, May 06, 2009

MUSHROOM CHAUSSONETTES

Chaussons mean 'slippers' ... do not ask me why a puff pastry loaded with minced shallot, finely chopped mushrooms, finely diced ham, cayenne pepper & parsley then cooked in foie gras puree & cream is called 'slippers'! The filling is nothing compared to making the Pate Feuilletee ie 3/4 puff pastry which completely confused me with the half turns & full turns in order to get the lamination, or layers of fluffiness. Enjoying the small luxury of a savoury has taken on new meaning. How would you grade my products? Uneven shapes, pastry undercooked, taste & seasoning good, filling nicely cooked, could be better ..... the last 3 words pretty much sums up my existence here. Today we finished Week 2 in Cuisine ie we had 6 Lessons or 3 per week already. Tomorrow Week 2 Patisserie starts at 7am. It will be another sleepless night for me, no joke. I worry about Patisserie even though I did all the homework, the psychological hurdle just does not go away. Andrea, how did you manage in a live-kitchen like the Derby?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment