Tuesday, May 05, 2009

PISSALADIERE ......

This 'pissa' from Provence is seriously good, and not too difficult to make. The challenge is getting the Pate Levee Salee (Leven Salty Dough) right as that little ball has a life of its own, literally, due to active yeast ingredients. This is the Chef's presentation in lattice pattern cris-crossed with fine anchovy fillets, pitted olives & chopped capers. We sprinkled Semolino at the sides to make it pizza-house crispy, delish! Luckily my taste buds are working in my favor as my plates always score well in the 'seasoning' area. 'It tastes really good, well seasoned' music to my ears. What I need to focus is work flow during mise en place, and watch my cooking time. The Chef began to mark everyone this week, 1-on-1 critique daily, on a white table-clothed corner of the kitchen. Forget to warm or clean them white plates, the axe falls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment