Tuesday, May 05, 2009

2ND WEEK CUISINE

My Quiche Lorraine presentation, next to a herb salad of parsley, chervil, dill and mint .... it looks OK in the picture, when in fact the crust is undercooked. I did not quite understand a key steps ie Blind Bake or precook the crust before we put in the fillings of grated Gruyere cheese, streaky bacon and custard cream. Some classmates have prior kitchen experience, to them this is truly 'basic'. One young chef, a German, works with Cirque de Solil in Montreal and he wants to de-learn what he has been practising in industry and re-learn the LCB way. Let me tell you, if I find it hard, it is even harder for him. I admire this guy ....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Dear Raymond Tancancook,
    What a wonderful catch of the day! And, all your dishes looks delicious. keep going, we shall look forward to taste.

    Hope Dora and girls are fine while you are exploring new grounds.

    Salutes from here

    Tom

    ReplyDelete