Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FIRST BLISTER

I am no prima donna, nor am I squeamish, this is merely to document my 1st 'injury' as part of my LCB journey. It was a small blister but the sharp pain was intense. Already using 4 layers of my tea towels as taught, they slipped and my fingers ended up in direct contact with a sauce pan in a 175C oven. That was no fun! Today we were told dull knives are dangerous because they are difficult to cut with as we exert excessive strength. An amateur, I have always been scared of sharp knives, now I am scared of BOTH sharp & dull knives. You cannot win in this game, can you? Well, it looks like Sunday will be knife sharpening day, in addition to laundry day. What a life! PS : my attempt to not get a cut, or a burn lasted only 3 weeks ....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. wellcome to the culinary world raymond. as u said. Baptism By Fire. its the only way to learn.

    ReplyDelete