Sunday, May 31, 2009

NO WORRIES MATE!

If you are wondering what is happening as I seem to be hiding, I am OK. I have not posted anything on the blog because :

* I was stressed for 3 days in Patisserie this past week - see Choux Paste
* I was letting my hair down (tried to, that is, since I have no hair) - see LCB Diners
* I was affected by a parenting challenge

On point #3 I read some time ago that ... 'A parent can only be as happy as his or her most unhappy child'. Bingo! It is something that rings true in my life over the years. Parenting is an ongoing obligation that can take your breath away, both ways that is, depending whether it is good or bad news. Physical exhaustion from looking after them when they are young turns into mental anguish when they become adults, when the dynamics of the relationships change, when it is no longer just a simple parent-child environment. There is a certain bravado one has to adopt. One rationalizes, one becomes philosophical, one even laughs about it while all the time one is underscored by worries, frustrations & worse of all down-right fear of the 'what-if factor'.

Not all parents have to go through this. Some are fortunate, some are less fortunate but our creator is fair ... no one is spared, that I can assure you. You want to be a parent, you bettter be prepared. It is quite similar to acquiring the Basic, Intermediate & Advanced certificates @ LCB. One has to earn the credentials and even if one passes with distinction, the challenges 'out in industry' (as our Chefs love to remind us) are very different ie the hard realities of the real world are daunting, to say the least.

I apologize for another Sunday sermon, I did not mean to but my mind conspired with my hands and the verbiage flowed. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself, right now.

PS : what is the past tense of 'flow', it is not 'flew' I do not think, can someone please enlighten?

No comments:

Post a Comment