Sunday, May 31, 2009

LCB - DINERS

While all of us are reminded of L'Art deVivre living in Sydney, a few of us took that extra step to 'live it'. LCB Diners was conceived and formed when 4 of us (Esther, Felix, Evans & myself) dined at Nick's Seafood a couple of weeks ago. Capitan Torres, a fun Spainsh restaurant at the heart of the city, was our 2nd event last evening. The Paella, Seafood Platter, & Tapas were delish. We had drinks at the Albion Place Hotel and these folks can drink like a fish alright. I even had a Petit Robusto al fresco with double McCallans to de-stress. My orders are to organize a Cantonese banquet, plus Indian curry at Mantra in Top Ryde near our school. There goes my diet plans. As the group grows we added Grace, Julia, Git & Scott this time. The more the merrier, in fact, as our friendship develops, and we only have 5 more weeks to do this. I feel like 'Uncle Raymond' here in the midst of fine 'Chef-Lings' as Git from Singapore calls himself. These extremely talented young professionals are so driven, I feel I can touch their energy & dynamism. They have so much future, can you imagine graduating with a full LCB Diploma in your early 20's?

I told them, when they are big culinary names in their respective markets, one day a bewildered maitre'd will come into the pass and announce ' .... I am sorry to interrupt, Chef. There is an elderly gentleman outside who insists to see you at his table, right away. He did not have anything to drink and I might even have heard him wrong ... he said, you were at cooking school, together? ....' I just love it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Raymond,

    Looking back at your blog from the days we learnt together whilst at culinary school reminds me of the good times we all shared. Going through the difficulties learning as it seemed back then.

    It is great to see that your blog is still up and running. As well it is fantastic to see that you are still in excellent health travelling around.

    Best Wishes
    Evans
    P.S. Git has opened up his own place in Singapore called Alati he seems to be doing very well for himself over there. If you are down in Malaysia let me know.

    ReplyDelete