Thursday, May 14, 2009

MY GUARDIAN ANGELS

Meet the 2 young Asians who are my 'bench-mates' at Patisserie, super guys. Pao is Thai, in his mid 20s, an IT consultant who loves to bake. He is not sure what he wants to do with this yet, may open his own bakery with the family. Ben, from Singapore, looks & behaves like a 19-year old. His mission is right on the $ .... a career in patisserie. I admire their dexterity, in fact ambidexterous, is a better word I was searching to describe patisserie, as they are both so good with their hands! Being older than their parents, they look to me like a young-at-heart uncle. I am enjoying the company of new found young friends here, who are so different in their dispositions. I respect their commitment, many have saved hard earned $ to be here. Some attend LCB x 3 days then work part time x 20 hours a week which is the maximum allowed for student visa holders. Why Guardian Angels? Well, my vintage cerebral cells do not run as fast as theirs, and being vintage they have less capacity to absorb. These folks are always looking over their shoulders to see what I am doing, just in case. Do not get me wrong, they are not my crutches as I work on my own steam reasonably well. That said, it is a comforting thought to be at the same bench.

BTW we practised making a cone-pen with silicon paper, filled it with chocolate sauce, and off we go! Andrea knows the drill from Chez Moi days, she is a natural. As for me, I am no Chocolate Calligraphist so to go on record I wrote this message, in chocolate, and posed with my buddies. I do not think the Chef will be amused.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment