Sunday, October 10, 2010

THAI MONKHOOD

I caught this wonderful snapshot while walking to the Royal Palace. Priceless! As you know monks are a-plenty in the city, some are trendy like; tear-drop shades, messenger bags, I-Phones with ear plugs on ... tuned to the chanting channel presumably .... and for my subject here, a cigarette which he must need badly to fight the craziness off temple grounds. Then again, he may be a 'Temp Monk' as Thai men do take time off to join the monkhood at different stages of their lives, for different reasons. A close friend of Dora & I, from our J&J days, is in the midst of a 2-year sojourn. Kalid, who is immersed in the Thai culture, has spent a week and we are talking about possible time-off together in a Thai wat, down the road. By now you must be laughing so hard ..... but let me tell you, I am serious. More and more I am leaning towards simplicity. I am determined to learn 'to live simply' and cleansing myself from the 'sumptuous' is a step I must take soon, if I were ever to become a 'simple soul', ever again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment