Thursday, October 28, 2010

LAST 2 RECIPES

4-weeks, just like that, the Basic Course is over for me!

The final recipes were desserts ie Steamed Banana in Coconut Milk, and a delicious Tamarind Juice. The banana dessert has an interesting name ... 'klouy-boud-chee' ... 'klouy' is banana 'boud-chee' is the slightly off white color of the robe commonly worn by nuns, verses the blindng orange we see on monks. This refers to the cooking process that turns the banana from its natural color to opaque white. The coconut milk, after boiling and after adding salt, will once again yield that Thai dessert flavor, that unqiue encounter with the tongue. The beige sprinkles on the banana are dry roasted, and crushed sesame seeds to add fragrance and texture. Fascinating!

I cannot believe it is all over, just like that. The journey is not over yet, I have an exit exam tomorrow, on my own, not because I am discriminated as a 'farang' but because I started on my own 4-weeks ago while the rest of my class has different joining dates. I am told the ingredients for 3 dishes ... 1 appetizer, 1 main course, 1 noodle ... willl be ready by 930am, and I have till noon to get them done. I told my 'a jarn' ie instructors or teachers I aim to finish before the nominated time. Knowing how much I like the following dishes they made them my exam items.

* Deep Fried Catfish Salad
* Roast Duck in Red Curry
* Pad Thai

I cannot wait!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment