Thursday, October 28, 2010

BANGKOK CHIC

There are not that many Porsches or Ferraris on Bangkok streets, but I am told one will see them on weekends, on the highways. That said, I have seen a few cool machines around town, mostly around the up-market zones, such as this one ... a Kawasaki Ninja in Old Granny Apple green. Smashing! I was having a solidary long-black after school at the newly opened Dean & Deluca next to Chong Nonsi Station. Looking out into green foliage and outdoors sculpture my moment of serenity was shattered by this roar and declutching of gears. A cool looking couple rode off in helmets, tight jeans, and of course the regulation Ray Ban tear drop shades. 'Man ... that is style for you' I told myself, something I can never do even if I try. In they came and ordered large ice coffees and sandwiches. Amazingly they did not exchange a word, the passenger was on the phone that entire time, the driver was working on his I-Phone non-stop. The coffees were sipped but the sandwiches untouched. No more than 30-minutes later the key was in, the starter on, the engine roared again, and off they dashed. Bangkok chic perhaps? My question for them is, what happened to those sandwiches?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment