Saturday, October 23, 2010

BANGKOK STAPLE

I lost 12 pounds when I was at LCB. I nibbled all day while cooking but I did not eat much in the evenings since I was far away from meaningful food, and I was tired by the time I get home. I was hoping to do the same in Bangkok but that obviously does not work. I am too close to food, worst yet, food I love. Take a look at this bowl of mixed noodles ... 3 kinds of fish & meat balls, minced pork, pea sprouts, coriander, cracklings .... all you do is add white pepper, dry chili, sesame, fresh chili rings in tri-color and dig in!

I am not doing it on purpose but I have developed a habit of small meals here. You read about my breakfast in a previous blog, my lunch is at the school and always with rice or noodles, my dinner a simple fresh vegetable salad Thai style or a bowl like this one or variations of the theme. I should lose weight but I have not, why, street food! They are omni-present, much too tempting and I cannot resist sampling them. What killed me was Dora's visit, we ate very well, and we ate lots. I call this living it up ....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment