Tuesday, October 05, 2010

OIL & ME

No this is not about my eating habit or cooking method, it is about the most patient person in the Land of Smiles. OIL was my Instructor today, who spent 6 hours coaching me in the art of vegetable carving. Valiant in her efforts, she is simply incredible (wait till I show you the veggie & fruit carving book she helped published at Wandee) while I was my usual pitiful self. I have accepted the reality that everything to do with eye-hand coordination I am worse than a primate. Not only I lack the hand part, I no longer have the eyes for micrscopic vision as these precision drills are designed for young eyes only. It is not about not trying either. Oil must felt like my Patisseri masters at LCB ... a Frenchman, a Belgian and 2 Aussies ... all wondering why I should bother.

Back to the class, we covered scallions top to bottom; cucumbers into art forms; peppers & tomatoes into flowers and this is only entry level stuff, 3 more classes will follow. 50% of what is shown on the plate would not be there without the 'hands-on' coaching, literally & figiratively, from my mentor today ... big Kap Kun Kap .... OIL!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment