Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BREAKFAST

I feel hungry this morning so I splurged on a Thai style breakfast sandwich. At the sidewalk hawker price of Baht 15 or under HK$4 it is a real steal. A regular 'Americano coffee' ie 'black coffee flavored water' at any of the cafe chains in town demands Baht 100! My usual choices, on my 10-minute walk from Saphan Khwai to Wandee are; a ear of corn at Baht 10, a Thai style BF sandwich at Baht 15, a bag of absolutely fresh mixed fruits for Baht 20, finely shredded dry sweet meats on sticky rice for Baht 25 and if I am ravenous a bowl of breakfast noodles for Baht 30 which can easily pass for brunch. Understandably Brother Joe gets a kick out of my last blog on 'simplicity' but what can I tell you, it is such a good feeling to be able to go back to basics. Try it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment