Tuesday, November 26, 2013

TOKYO STATION

Grand Central in New York City, Paddington in London, Orchard in Singapore, Central in Hong Kong ... Tokyo Station is one of the Grand Dames in this universe. I still remember her from the late 70s & early 80s, before she was surrounded by high rise office buildings. Real estate will always have the final say in CBDs (Central Business Districts) globally and turning part of the station into a business hotel has just about says it all. The North & South entrances are spic-and-span in typical Nippon style but something is amiss. Ah ... I know what it is, warmth and possibly, personality. I was nostalgic, I kept missing the old girl and her old glory.  It is just not the same.

Let me lament the past, let me play out my age, let me ventilate .. do not take me seriously OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment