Saturday, November 23, 2013

KATSU MAC

I remember quite a few years ago the Macdonald's franchises in Tokyo launched a special burger with a slice of Dole pineapple in it. It was an effort, failed effort rather, to capitalize on the Japanese penchant for Hawaii as a holiday destination. The taste mix was just not right as the sweet and sour of the fruit took over the classic burger flavor, and the idea was dropped not too long afterwards.

I walked past one last night with a huge launch ad, a Katsu-Burger! This one might work as it falls in line with one of the nation's top food items, pork cutlets. A single burger is Y500 and for a set Y680 or HKS38-52. Not bad but if the alternative is a bowl of Ramen, at almost identical prices where would you put your $?  I know what I would do so, no, I did not try one.      

No comments:

Post a Comment