Thursday, November 28, 2013

WEIGHT WATCH DINNER

I lost weight since 10 days ago. My diet regimen : breakfast is 2 tangerines in season + a carton of full cream milk; lunch is my main meal, Sensei and I feast on the elaborate tasting menu, and dinner has been 'accidental' between food court salads, a bowl of Ramen, a few pieces of Kara-age, or just a quiet bite while I blog, with the NHK news channel on as backdrop, in Japanese, of course. Did you know today is the birthday of Caroline Kennedy, the new Ambassador to Japan?

What you see is a shredded cabbage salad, the kind you can have as much as you want in a Tonkatsu joint back home. It tastes much better here, even without dressing as the veggies are naturally sweet. The Japanese diet does not involve too much 'greens' and my system tells me I need the supplement so I buy this from Lawson, the convenience store chain daily. Today I splurged and topped it with beautifully marinated & smoked Kaki or baby oysters from Sapporo. Costs : salad Y105 - oysters Y300 - roast tea Y120 = Y525 or $40 .... you cannot beat that, and I love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment