Monday, November 18, 2013

BACK TO BASICS

When I go on these solo cooking trips I like to steer away from any luxury, starting with accommodation. These pictures are testimony, it is the Ginza Capital Hotel. In jest I say the desk and bed combined is only slightly larger than our king size bed at home ... I might even be right.

I also ration myself on the eating front via stringent budgets.  As in my other sojourns the focus is always 'street foods' ie what people eat, why do they eat what they eat, and how do they prepare them. I still harbor this dream of becoming a Food Anthropologist ... not the academic Professor Margaret Mead kind, but the pragmatic, field research mandate instead.  If nothing else it sounds good, legitimizing my insatiable desire to study affordable street eats. I even sacrifice myself for the sake of empirical research. How else do you expect me to write about them if I do not start by tasting them?  I rest my case.    

No comments:

Post a Comment