Thursday, November 21, 2013

BREAKFAST CHOICES

Breakfast is about choices, my choice was easy this morning. I had 2 pieces of Sushi from Sensei yesterday .. Saba & Inari. My other favorites; bacon and egg, black pudding, congee with fried noodles, croissant, even Special K or bran cereal with skimmed milk can all take a back seat this morning.  I made these myself and they taste better. Well, almost better, to be fair and precise. The Inari was fine, exactly like it was yesterday but the Saba has lost its original freshness and became saltier from hibernation in the fridge overnight. The texture also changed, it is no longer as smooth as it touched the palate. Now I know why the lines at the prime sushi houses command such long queues at dawn, it is obviously worth the wait.

Remember the universal motto, the single golden rule in cooking?  " ... use the most fresh ingredients and prepare them in the simplest fashion, without fuss and hype ... " there you have it folks.    

No comments:

Post a Comment