Wednesday, September 09, 2009

ART OF RELAXATION

The week I spent in the South of France, among beautiful folks and in the beautiful surrounding of Capdenac & Salls-Courbaties has raised my awareness of what 'life style' is about. We thrive on efficiency, on luxury, on things only money can buy as the nouveau riche of Asia generally, and Hong Kong in particular. What is mssing in this equation is the word 'quality'. Are we truly relaxed when we are on vacation? How much time do we think of problems at work, and at home whilst on vacation? Are we at peace with ourselves? Do we get the quality relaxation we desperately seek? I know it is an apple & orange discussion now that I speak as a retiree. Nonetheless, I post this blog because I found 'quality relaxation' this time. It has nothing to do with efficiency, nothing to do with luxury, nothing to do with what money can buy. It is all about human interaction, loving family values, kindness among friends new and old, generosity of sharing, lasting relatonships that cut through generations, but above all, genuine happiness that can only come from the heart.

To Alban & Myriam Barbette, the newlyweds, thank you for inviting me. You simply do not know how your wedding party, your familes, and your friends have changed the inner soul of this poor city boy who, in his 60 years on earth, has yet to define the 'Art of Relaxation'. I think I have the platform now, and my search continues, thanks to you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment