Thursday, September 03, 2009

CATERHAM 16-VALVE SUPER 7

Cool? I am talking about the machine, not the overweight aging body in the cockpit! This is Kai Wong's baby which I was privileged to put my hands on, literally, a couple of weeks ago. What an experience! Being so low on the road, and being so open, bring new meaning to 'convertibles'. The Caterham was launched in 1957 and celebrated its 50th in 2007. I am told all things considered it is not that expensive, even for a new one, because there are less modern day electronics which means it is more a challenge to drive, without the gadgets. It is all about skills here, right Kai?

Speaking of old ladies my 911 SC will soon return to Daddy's arms. My 30-year old baby has been in the garage for 18-months, with her engine rebuilt, total internal refurbishing and an external face lift. You have to give it to the Germans and Porsche for making 30-year old parts available, even it took a bit of time to locate them. I cannot wait, this is like a long lost child rejoining the family. More later!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment