Thursday, September 03, 2009

RECOGNIZE THIS?

If you give me a choice between a Michelin meal and this, in Singapore the Mecca of Hawker Food, I would choose this without any hesitation. This is Fish Ball Noodles a la 'Gan Lo' ie mixed dry in oil, spicy hot pepper paste, fresh chili, and if the hawker is honest, he would admit to the sprinkle of deep fried pieces of lard .... yes, lard, and why not. Do not overlook the small dish of Szechuen chili in soya sauce, plus the clear broth on the side decked with scallions, without them the set is not complete. At one of my first LCB Cuisine lessons we were taught that 'fat & salt' are the two key catalysts of flavor. This bowl has all that a discerning palate can ask for ; taste, texture, and of course flavor, flavor and more flavor. FYI this was consumed after our dinner at Muthu's at almost 1am in the morning, after a long walk back to our hotel on Orchard. Andrea, my vegetarian child, could hardly believe it. I have sinned, again, and I cannot even claim that it was against my will. In the name of Lipitor or Ezetrol, redeem me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment