Wednesday, September 09, 2009

CASSOULET @ CHABBERTS

The recipe check list calls for ..... confit duck legs, duck fat, ham hocks, pork shoulders, pork skin, salted pork, pancetta, prosciutto, French garlic sausages, cannellini beans, mire poix of onions & carrot, garlic, crumbs from a baquette, bouquet garni, chicken broth, plus herbs galore. They call it 'Toulouse Style', takes hours to make but parts of the recipe can be prepared days ahead. My mouth waters as I write, as my taste buds recall the wonders of this extremely flavorful dish which I over indulged at the Chabberts', embarrassing myself, and possibly the other dinner guests. This has to be close to the epitome of classic French cooking, perfected by one Monique Chabbert. Every morsel, every bean, was worth it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment