Thursday, September 03, 2009

WHERE HAS ALL THE TIME GONE?

It has been 3-weeks since my last post on August 16th. A lot has happened, including a week of eating & sunning in Singapore, and my blog is one of the consequent victims. I tried hard not to procrastinate but not atypical of a new retiree, somehow time manages to escape under my nose, without ceremony or warning. We always lose in any competition with time. A whole day just goes by without being noticed and before I knew it, bed time. Some blame on the vital fact that we are mostly 'useless' without our PAs which describes my scenery perfectly. Where are you Reginia? One does not know how much administratives chores - and accompanying hassles - are quietly removed from one's daily life until one goes without. The horrrible feeling of ' ... now what do I do ....' and all the logistics of when, where and how all of a sudden become daunting, if not scary.

I am now in Paris, waiting to travel South to Rodez for the wedding of Myriam & Alban Barbette. Alban just resigned from the HKJC as the Head Sommelier, to marry the lovely Myriam who was a banker with UBS in Hong Kong. The newlyweds will settle in the South of France where they will likely start a wine export business, perhaps even a restaurant. Their wedding, a la French country style, will be nothing short of spectacular ' .... so unique it will be a once in a life time experience .... ' we are told. Regardless it is high time to catch up, here is my first salvo to re-engage.

BTW I am not sure how well I will be connected once I leave Paris. If not I will not emerge again until next week, suffice to say that I will have loads to report. Stay tuned. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment