Tuesday, December 08, 2015

DONER KABAB

'Baptized in Istanbul' whilst on my Mezze Sojourn I became a big fan of the Doner Kebab where the crown of kebabs rests. I have 'seen the light' so to speak and since then I take every opportunity to broader my empirical research data base. I love the way the meat is pressed .. lamb is best but chicken is acceptable, the slow rotisserie grill, the chopping with condiments, the spicy sauces, and of course the wrap which ties up all the loose ends to make the product whole. I just love it, my record is 3 in on seating.

I must have sauntered past this Chicken Doner stand a dozen times, salivating for that R120 or HK$14 special. At the end I failed to order and again, it was the ice. What kept the sliced red onions and coriander alive might kill my perfect track record to fend off even the slightest symptoms of the world renown Delhi Belly. It was not easy but I passed, using the lame excuse that I should keep my all time record of masquerading a pure vegetarian for 10 days.

See how that glorious piece of Chapati is being warmed, just that alone with salad and Masala dressing would make a perfect street snack. BTW do you know Chapati in Hindi is the same flat bread as the Roti in Punjabi?

No comments:

Post a Comment