Tuesday, December 01, 2015

DEFENCE COLONY CLUB

I was taken to the neighborhood watering hole on my first dinner .. to the Defence Colony Club. If there is one thing the Raj has picked up from their colonizers it is the esprit de corps of a 'Club'. We started with drinks at the Bar which, for a moment, I thought was Men-Only judging from the decibel level. Camaraderie was abundant with handshakes, slaps on the back and hugs. The mood was infectious as a herd of waiters shuttled drinks after drinks in ballet steps. We ordered snacks with Indian whiskeys before moving to a quite dining room for my baptism to an all-veggie dinner, courtesy of my Mentor Chef Usha who is a vegetarian. It was light, refreshing, stimulating to the taste buds but the assurance I will learn these recipes in the ensuing week made the evening even more enticing.

Speaking of Men-Only this upcoming event at the Club is innovative, don't you think?        

No comments:

Post a Comment