Tuesday, December 08, 2015

6TH & LAST SALVO - TOP HITS

Today is the last day of my 6-day course and Chef Usha was on auto-pilot, unloading gems after gems of wisdom as she walked me through a collection of Punjabi hits. The forte was her demonstration of much needed skills to make a range of flat breads that are stable accompaniments to Indian dishes. If only I can manage today's menu I will without question become a popular person.

BREADS : Chapati-Riti, Parantha, Tendoori, Garlic Nan, Poori, Pappadom

CURRIES

* Handi Dal Tadka :Channa or Dal cooked in Tumeric with tempering
* Palak Paneer : spinach based sauce with Paneer cubes
* Potato Bahji : potatoes cooked in tomato puree
* Ghobi Masala : cauliflower simmered in Masala in party presentation
* Stuffed Bhindi : Lady's Finger or Okra stuffed and sauteed with Masala mix

SIDES : Samosas, Mango Chutney, Punjabi Salted Lassi

We also spent time to identify, from all the recipes taught, curries that can best complement meats, poultry, fish and seafood. Chef Usha might be a vegetarian all her life but she has this professional knowledge on which curry will match which non-vegetarian ingredients. How does she know without tasting them is beyond me. That said, I simply cannot wait to address this goldmine at home. TKT will never be the same after my tenure here in Delhi. Curries, here I come!




No comments:

Post a Comment