Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CONFESSION OF A MINDLESS FOOL

The Cuisine Theory exam this morning was uneventful. There were quite a few questions but no surprises if one puts in the time to study. Some classmates had a bit of a struggle with the language, 'I know the questions, I even know the aswers but I had difficulties expressing', they told me. This is a shame as they all spent so much time to prepare for this.

Then there is Raymond Tang, the biggest laughing stock in the class today. The exam was in 5 sections, each carries more or less the same points to make up a total of 100 points. My score was in the upper middle range, 79 points to be exact. On closer inspection of the paper, and to my absolute horror, I realized I have missed an entire page/section that counts for 20 points! I was speechless. To add insult to injury I am familiar with those questions and could easily have picked up another 10 if not 15 extra points to bring my grade up to the 90's. How could I possibly miss it, twice, as I did check before I handed it in. Carelessness is the only excuse, if there is one. I should be hanged for such a mistake. 'Why did you do that, Raymond' Chef Steve asked. What can I say, except to admit that I am a fool ... a careless, stupid, mindless fool and I hate myself for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment