Sunday, June 14, 2009

COMFORT FOODS

Hot dogs in New York, Ramen in Tokyo, Fish & Chips in London, Croissants in Paris & of course Wanton Noodles in Hong Kong .... 'Comfort Foods' .... that give you the unmistakable feeling of 'being home', especially when you are abroad. I have been away from home for 8 weeks, and despite daily exposure to fine foods I still find this picture irresistable. I am not home sick - 'Not Yet' - but without question I am overwhelmingly 'Comfort Food Sick'. I was waiting for a ride to dinner and this restaurant, Chatswood BBQ, brought me to an abrupt stop. Nothing can taste better than Char-Sui, Soy Sauce Chicken & Roast Duck on a plate of piping hot plain rice ... Corodn Bleu not withstanding. Forgive me, Chefs, I have sinned!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you spelled wanton with an 'a'!! You're are becoming too aussie now.. it should maybe even have been wuntun, haha...

    ReplyDelete