Wednesday, November 09, 2011

1ST ATLANTIC ENCOUNTER

I joined the boys and girls at The Atlantic for my first dinner service last night. It was a blissful 6 hours, I felt totally blessed to be able to rejoin my Mentor Chef Donovan and his team, some were my TAs (Teaching/Tutorial Assistants) when they were at the Derby back in Hong Kong. To the devouted it was 'a born again expereince'. At the end of a sweaty but spiritually invigorating watch that made almost 300 diners happy I received my reward. A succulent crayfish which must still be swimming in Western Australian waters when I was on CX135 to Melbourne .... roasted to perfection, it was presented on a bed of crispy veggies, with fried sweetbread, and topped with a sauce of double chicken stock, mussels stock, shallott and Noilly Prat. Hong Kong can continue to claim sophistication on the food front but one simply cannot get the same quality of super freshness at home. I cannot wait for more of such encounters. I have 10 more days so, eat your hearts out. WOW factor? Fortissimo Maximo!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment