Sunday, June 09, 2013

2 HUNGRY ITALIANS

I love this series and watch it routinely on AFC aka the Asian Food Channel... old school, old values, old ways of doing things ... my kind of sentiments on life and things in general.  These two characters, whose names I forgot, are well known 'retired' chefs who happen to be good friends for a long time. The show is based on their sojourn to different parts of Italy, with food & cooking as backdrop, but spiced by their interpretation of Italian culture, subculture and of course their sense of humor.  It is like the foodie version of a Laurel & Hardy show, with some slapstick, but it makes you warm from the heart as these two elderly gentlemen (sorry they just might be my age) are sensible, knowledgeable, open, sentimental and totally adorable ... a combination that makes the show a success. This was on the LH in-flight life style TV program which kept me up en-route.  I even took notes from a few recipes which inspired me to create new dishes when I get home.        

No comments:

Post a Comment