Monday, August 18, 2014

KAYA - RIP

Kaya, my soul mate and my youngest girl, left me today. She probably died from a heat stroke while hiking with my daughters. Only 6-years old, her passing was totally premature and unnecessary. I am devastated and cannot control my tears, even though I am told those very tears of love might inhibit her transition to her next life, to a higher form of being since she was such a loving soul in her short sojourn on earth.

Since joining the family when she was 7-weeks old from Rutland Manors in Melbourne, Kaya has always looked to me as her Daddy, and her soul mate. Our bonding reached new heights since my retirement as I spend more time at home. She would come to me, almost hourly, to get a hug or just to make sure I am around. Satisfied, she would happily wag her tail away, only to return later for round 2, 3, 4 and so on throughout the day. I became just as needy as she was, as we looked for each other, for that morsel of mutual affection. She means everything to me, her love for me was unquestioned, unselfish and unyielding ... the same way I loved her when she was alive, and even more so now that she is gone.

A fellow Labradoodle lover, and a close friend wrote ... 'I can feel your grief for your little treasure, who was basked with love by you and your family. She was cherished, cradled, sheltered and supported. Even though her life has been short, but every moment of it was full of love and happiness. You have given her a good life ...'    

I miss you so very much Kaya. You were more than a dog or a pet, much more, because you made me whole. One day, you will hear Daddy's whistle, and we will be together again in each other's arms. I hope that will be soon. In the meantime I am sure you are already in the open arm welcome of Leroy, Gus, Sage & Egas who were with us before you. I loved them all, just like I have loved you. Daddy is wearing your 'necklace' around my wrist so you can be next to me, always. I am looking at you and touching you, right this moment. Can you feel me?

Rest in peace, Kaya ... with all my love ... Daddy


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tribute, Ray. I am so sorry for your loss.

    Best,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete