Sunday, August 18, 2013

TV SERIES

I was never a fan of TV series before retirement, primarily because of fatigue. To me the headhunting business personifies 24-7 ... by the time I finished with almost daily prayer telcons with partners, clients and candidates on the East Coast the only option left was sleep ... in hind sight even sex took a back seat, can one be more pathetic than that? Sometimes I wonder how I survived a quarter of a century in executive search and I am just too glad that is my past.

Back to the subject matter ... Dora and I have been watching quite a few of the made-in-China series, especially the quasi history ones.  We love them, and would be glued to the screen until the wee hours at the drop of a hat.

Then came two award winning western or rather, American, series : Homeland & House of Cards. The story, the ploy, the intrigue, the dialogue but above all the acting are first class. We are talking about entertainment, per se, the kind a viewer can identify with, can enjoy the moment and can relish the enjoyment afterwards ... like a memorable fine dining experience we marvel at the table, and then relive and talk about later. Kevin Spacey portraying a crooked politician in Washington D.C. is the ultimate testimony that his Oscar is well deserved, if not more.  Before these we also loved The Sopranos & The West Wing but it is amazing how TV series can change as our world changes. Watch them, if you have the luxury of time.        

No comments:

Post a Comment