Friday, August 23, 2013

LIFE CYCLE OF SHOPPING


I hate shopping, period, no ifs or buts ...

Living with 3 daughters and 1 wife one would have thought one gets used to it, but one never. I was imprisoned in this monstrosity the last two days, the West Edmonton Mall, which the locals take huge pride 'that it is the largest in the world' ... but of course since the lion share of the population needs somewhere to take refuge when the merciless elements hit in the Winter.  I had lots of time to 'think' hence my flowchart on the 'Cycle of Shopping'.

* Teenager : loved to shop with parents & for myself
* 20+ : loved to shop with girlfriends
* 25+ : still loved to shop with girlfriends, chance to check out other girls
* 30+ : loved to shop with wife
* 35+ : loved to shop with wife for kids
* 40+ : did not mind joining wife and daughters for shopping
* 45+ : began to find sporadic but unsuccessful excuses not to join
* 50+ : began to not like shopping but relucantly tagged along
* 55+ : successfully created elaborate excuses not to join
* 60+ : openly declared dislike of shopping, a singularly monotonus task
* 65+ : ..... I will just not show up, period
* 70+ : ..... if I am lucky they might leave me alone
* 75+ : ..... shopping again, in a wheelchair, not by choice because 'It is Good for You, Dad'
* 80+ : ..... tombstone says 'Here Lies One who Fought & Lost the Shopping Battle'

The last 4 points are what I guess may happen, and I do not think I am far off. Damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment