Sunday, February 12, 2012

DIVER'S LUNCH

No tablecloth, no linens, no wines, no heavy duty cutleries, no glasses to drink from .... but man, that lunch on the beach at Matahari @ Tulamben was an experience I must blog. The 'kitchen' was the size of a large desk, with a simple grill and a small cutting board where the fish fillet, pickled salsa, shredded veggie salad, steamed rice all came from. No ceremonies, no attitudes either, but plenty of ear-to-ear smiles from everyone on the staff.

WOW! The dish completely bowled me over. I was expecting nothing more than a bite to fill my stomach but was I wrong. It just goes to prove, over and again, that as long as one cooks with one's heart, and with love, the end result will always be top quality ... Michelin stars notwithstanding!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment