Wednesday, January 09, 2019

THE REAL DEAL



I am always looking for the underdog whilst on my study tours. Here is one for you .. a tiny hole-in-the-wall on Jalan Sultan in the KL Chinatown neighbourhood, run by a Mother & Daughter team. These folks have the broadest and friendliest smiles that will bring the sun out in the middle of a thunderstorm. Their signature is Fried (not Char I was reminded) Kuey Teow and in my book it deserved all the accolade. This is a roadside stop one would walk right past so one needs to keep a careful look out for it. The genuine flavour, al dente noodles, perfect seasoning, not to mention the ambience of chowing it down on the pavement .. made the encounter memorable. We talked about the ridiculous costs of eating in Hong Kong and I told them they will win hands down if they should open a branch with me. If you are still not convinced that banana leafs held a plate of goodies for MYR4 or a mere HK$8 .. what do you have to say to that?  




No comments:

Post a Comment