Friday, July 03, 2009

SELF PORTRAIT

I am early, it is way before my 6am alarm but I am wide awake and ready to roll. Russ predicted that as I get closer to the end of school, I shall miss it so much I will strive for every minute, which is an astute & accurate observation. I started to pack last evening and this crazy thought came to mind, here it is.

This is a 21st century 'Self-Portrait' of the Impressionist variety. The 'artist', if you allow me a bit of license, is of neither Monet or Renoir fame. The 'location' is neither the Left or Right Bank of the Seine, but the toilet of a modest motel room in West Ryde NSW Australia. That said, what makes this piece priceless is the smile on the face of the artist, that unmistaken smile of 'A Man who has Lived his Dreams ....' I bet you cannot find this in any museum anywhere on our planet, not in a million years. You are looking at a 'wannabe' who, with a bit of luck, would soon be the recipient of 2 Le Cordon Bleu Certificates, in Basic Cuisine & Basic Patisserie. I am deeply humbled after 10 gruelling weeks with reality, taught by masters at close quarters. I am also extremely proud of what I have done at this juncture of my life, or to put it in another way, what I was able to sustain, mental & physical abilities permitting, at age 60.

I have been fortunate, I am lucky, I am gratified and lastly ... I am very, very thankful!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment