Saturday, July 04, 2009

MY LAST PATISSERIE MORNING

I am in fact quite exhausted, packing & blogging until almost 2am, but I did not sleep much because I want to see this for one last time. First light was a bit different this morning, perhaps we are well into July, the advent of Winter here. The morning walk to school has become chilly compared to 12 weeks ago. The magic of the 'Patisserie Morning' is still there though, especially on Saturdays like today where there is less rush traffic.

So, this is it, the finale! I have done it ... whatever 'it' means. Yes, there is some nostalgia as I look across my balcony to the TAFE campus on the hill, where I left a few foot prints. No, I am not emotional because like many things in life, or even life itself, we anticipate the end right at the beginning. LCB is not my destination, it is the avenue for me to cater to my insatiable desire to learn about the wonders of the culinary arts. I am fortunate to have boarded this perfect vehicle in which 'to live my dreams'. It has been nothing but sheer bliss, and many rewards, throughout my short tenure. In under an hour the crescendo will hit the 'fortissimo of cheesecakes', our 30th & last Patisserie lesson.

When I pass those LCB gates later this afternoon as a 'matured student' it would be my last exit. Having lived his dreams it is time for this 'wannabe' to return to the realities of where he comes from. I shall never forget my Patisserie Mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment