Thursday, May 14, 2009

POULET SAUTE CHASSEUR IN JUS LIE & RIZ PILAF

Here is the reincarnation of those chicken pieces shown earlier. I had to show you the Chef's version though as my pilaf collapsed even before presentation because I did not pack it tightly enough. My chicken and rice were both 'well cooked' but my sauce hit a wall ie too thick & not reduced properly from the white wine, the acid stayed & ruined the taste. What a failure, ce la vie. My classmates loved my pilaf though. I did not have the courage to tell them I was more liberal in my interpretation of 'butter' in the recipe than they were. Old habits die hard, I guess. To complete the chicken journey we were shown how to perfectly grill a chicken breast (Supreme de Volaille Grilles) along with a beautiful Salad Tiede Melangee ie warm dressing with all kinds of goodies such as herbs, mustard, bacon etc which I madly fell in love with. I can see this recipe gaining a prominent position in Chez Tang at home. Dinner was a treat last night as I had more than veggies. I ate the chicken I cut up, cooked & served. Life is good to me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment