Sunday, May 31, 2009

DOES THIS MAN LOOK 60?

We had this super funny waiter at Capitan Torres who kept everyone super amused, all night. He immediately identified me as the 'Professor' as I was glaringly out of place. Later on in the evening, after litres of house red, we were all relaxed as he became better & better. When he heard we are classmates at cooking school, he brought out a plate with 4 tiny whitebaits on it, surrounded by lines of ketchup & lemon wedges ' ... so what do you think of my award winning Cordon Bleu presentation'? Those $ sign spectacles were funny, I was asked to put them on, with a classic 'Asian pose' ie the V-sign. The waiter is right behind me, calls me 'Canton' when he found out I am from Hong Kong. A migrant from Portugal he should be in show biz as he is proficient in multi-European languages. He is very entertaining, very gifted in that way, and very good at it. I asked for another glass ' ... that will be 50 Euros, Professor' and as I leave, ' ... thank you for flying Cathay Pacific Canton, did you enjoy our inflight yum-cha ...' I was in tears, it was such a wonderful night out. I needed the decompression!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment