Sunday, May 10, 2009

PEAK & VALLEY

I forgot to report on my 2nd 'Waterloo' after the Gateau Weekend. Just one day after my full-marks I fell from the Peak all the way to Shau Kei Wan! This atrocious picture is proof. I simply could not manage; the dough was not right, the thickness was not right, the stacking was not right as it required a scientific mind & nimble fingers, both I lack, lastly they were too sweet .... pitiful is the word. Most of the class made 20 from the same ingredients, I could barely manage 10. 'I appreciate the fact that you kept trying though' was all Chef Michael could mutter, trying desperately to be kind I am sure. What a blood bath!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. have you seen the film 'Like Water for chocolate' ? Is was a lovely film.

    Anyway, Tom was right, you have becoming quite a writer, sensitive and reflective. I thought it would be a great idea to create dishes base on your journal when you get back to HK. What I mean is to create menus based on your mood of these particular days or moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! failure never tasted so sweet...

    ReplyDelete