Monday, May 11, 2009

CALF'S LIVER & BACON

The Octopus Salad shown in the previous blog was mine but this one came from Chef Steve. I was rushed and did not have time to take a picture of my own dish before 'time'. The house rule is : 'if the plate is not presented 5 minutes after the bell it will not be marked'. Since practical kitchen work takes up 65% of our grades - the remaining 35% are on assignments and theories eg food safety, occupational health, legal requirements etc - no one dares cross that line. Again LCB aims to train us to deal with the pressure of timely delivery in a commercial kitchen, no small task for the faint-hearted. The verdict today was interesting ' ... your dishes are always well-seasoned, because you have a sensitive palate'. I presume that is a plus? I guess years of blatant taste-bud indulgence is finally paying off. Before I close I must confess I am much more relaxed at Cuisine classes, Patisserie still gives me the chills. Please do not ask me why, only Andrea, who has been through the baptism of fire would understand my 'fear'.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment