Sunday, April 26, 2009

METROPOLITAN PARRAMATTA!

A city boy at heart and in soul my first desire is to take a look at the closest metropolis - Parramatta! When I was a management trainee here I was told you need a visa and proficiency in Greek (or was it Turkish) to get in. Yesterday was a beautiful blue sky day, the ones we seldom see at home, so I ventured. The bus from the front of Metro Inn was A$4.20 and took 22 minutes. Bought a padlock made-in-China for A$3.50 at a Korean budget store, then find out the rest of the city was closed except for the cinema, Chinese BBQ & Vietnam pho joints. After a 30 min grand tour of Parramatta I decided to save money and proceeded to walk home. It took 2 hours, almost to the minute, to cover 10 km of Victoria Road, a sun drenched up and downhill walk. Adding a large bottle of water at A$2.60 my cost for a perfect day was about A$10 or HK$55. I had a first hand look at my neighborhood along the way, weekend garbage and all. This is what my sojourn is all about, I love it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. ah to be young and free again - without any time constraints! with all the walking you've been doing, we all expect to see a changed TANGO come july. take lots of pictures...that weather is making me envious, it's still grey and drab in hk

    ReplyDelete