Tuesday, July 01, 2014

RED LITTLE HOUSE

Our New Territory foodie pals took us to this interesting home cooking haven somewhere in the middle of nowhere between Yuen Long and Fanling. It is owned and operated by a lady who supposedly was a well known 'Post Partum Nurse' before.  

While my feelings on her professional background are less than enthusiastic, I was intrigued by what was served. The pictures are 1) a unique tasting soup of chicken wrapped in a pig's stomach, and 2) an open-grilled Ma-Yau fish, as in YoYo Ma, with loads of garlic, scallion and pepper, quite different and quite well done.

The rest of the dishes were run-of-the-mill and I am not 100% if you should go out of your way to visit. Then again if you are in the neighborhood of California Garden, I am told Red Little House is right by its main entrance. I have no clue as it was dark and tree lined local roads in the NT do look alike. I tried WOM and OPEN RICE afterwards but neither directory carries any record.

No comments:

Post a Comment