Tuesday, October 11, 2011

INSPIRED!

This may not look much but it has inspired me to do more TKT work on my consomme. This is an amazingly tasty consomme or broth of duck prepared with a few large chunks of char-grilled leek, a mix of Japanese mushrooms, slivers of sweet onions, and served with a slice of lime. We had a late lunch in this faceless, tiny noodle joint on the underground thoroughfare between two departmemt stores under Osaka Station, and what a treat it was. Absolutely delicious! The al dente udon picked up the beautiful flavors or both the duck nuggets and the well seasoned consomme. Sprinkled with classic spiced pepper, the few perfect mouthfuls hit all the right spots. I took copious notes, and wondered out loud if a Cantonese BBQ Roast Duck is doable in the recipe. I will share my research findings in due course, watch this space.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment