Thursday, July 02, 2015

ONE MORE OFF MY BUCKET LIST

One of the items on my ToDo list for this Aegean sojourn is to swim in that water, The last time I was in the neighborhood was almost 15 years ago when we took the girls sailing with the MacCarthys near Mararis, which is further south and technically at the edge of the Mediterranean where it meets the Aegean Sea.

My prayer was answered after our visit to Assos. From the top of the mountain to the beach front Nazilhan Hotel was only a 15 minute ride. There I was, in the welcoming but not exactly warm embrace by definitely the most refreshing waters I have even swam in. It is not crystal clear like what we are used to in Asia but that opaque blue and mild saltiness are unique. My body was tingling with the sensation of an icy plunge after a sauna in the spa but my mind was pretty close to heaven.

By the way that undulating shadow of a big island in the upper right hand corner is Lesbos, which belongs to Greece, and where the word 'lesbian' originates.          

1 comment:

  1. looking good, pops! that water must be incredibly healing, soak it all up and enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete