Sunday, July 19, 2015

GEM AT BKK AIRPORT


There is a little gem at the ground floor level of Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok that used to be not so well known oasis. From its previous incarnation as a Staff Canteen it is now opened to the general public. With the influx of tourists, notably the budget travelers, this place is perfect if you need to check withdrawal symptoms with a last morsel of Thai fare before the gate. I am not sure if it is true but several tour groups actually include this stop as the 'last hurrah'.

For B100 one gets a set of coupons that can yield a decent meal from B40-B80, plus a drink for B15 or a bottle of water for B10 ... imagine, all you ever wanted from the Thai street food scene are available. If you cannot spend the B100 you get a refund, it is very civilized, despite the crowd which is the only negative.

If you can stomach it give this Food Court a try. My favorite is the Minced Pork, Meatball & Liver Congee with fried garlic chips & chopped scallions. It is the 6th hawker stall clockwise facing the cashier. I have been a patron, for years, literally.

4 comments:

  1. I found this blog after a long time which is really helpful to let understand different approaches. I am going to adopt these new point to my career and thankful for this help.
    Bangkok to Pattaya taxi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.Bangkok to pattaya transfer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    สอนพิเศษที่บ้าน

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really impressed with the information you provide in your post. Looking forward to visiting more at download tik tok videos

    ReplyDelete