Saturday, July 18, 2015

NOW .. WHY CAN'T WE DO THIS?

We call ourselves Asia's World City .. and I have not even begun to forgive whoever created this nonsense name which we (at the least I for one and I know I am not alone) now live to regret.

Our Airport Express costs HK$100 for a 25-minute ride and as comparison the Bangkok version from Suvarnabhumi to Phaya Thai is B45 or HK$10 for a 40-minute ride. The Local Line makes 6 stops along the way and the Express Line, mainly for tourists and not run routinely, costs a bit more. Yes, our trains are appointed with carpets, trimmings  and more attractive overall but how do the Thais manage for 90% less for a longer ride? You will say the Thai line is heavily subsidized by the Government but in the same vein so is ours.

Sometime I wonder where our World City, our beloved home, is going ... don't you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment