Tuesday, July 21, 2015

KUANG HENG @ THANON PHETCHABURI


Any true blue Bangkok foodie will point you to Kai-Wong-Gai on Thanon Phetchaburi for your 'Chicken Rice Baptism'. With an army of staff dressed in pink polo shirts at the corner of a side street one cannot miss this 'talk of the town'. I did that, many times, when I was studying at Wandee Cooking School back in 2010 but have since become a turncoat.

Let me introduce you to Kuang Heng, a direct competitor, on the same street less than 5 minutes away across the street from the Palladium Mall. The lady boss, as shown, is always there leading literally from the front of house. Her staff has something Kai-Wong-Gai does not have .. they smile, they chat, they are not robot-like, and they give the obvious impression they like what they do. Quality of their chicken rice has been consistent since my first visit 3 years ago, when I was fed up with waiting at the 'Pink Place'. Voila! What a great find, aside from tender and well poached chicken, well seasoned broth, they even serve livers and gizzards in a special homemade sauce, my favorite.

Give Kuang Heng a try when you are in the neighborhood, and like me, you may never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment